Section: Cooking With Joe
Blogger: Joseph Clay
This tasty dish holds the perfect amount of spicy flavor and comes together in just 40 minutes. The Italian Sausage and Pasta Bake has quickly became one the Clay family favorites, its right up there with the Sleepy Cougar Ranch – Chili.
Since I make a living writing and hate when someone steals my words. I refuse to do the same and give credit where credit is due.
This Italian Sausage and Pasta Bake recipe is not one of my original recipes.
I found the recipe on the Kroger website one night when I was ordering grub online. I decided to give it a try and we loved it so I added it to my menu. I made a few changes, added links to sausage cooking and a sure fire method of getting your sausage cooked with out burning the crap out of them.
With those revisions and additions I’m still obligated to furnish you with a link to the original recipe.
Italian Sausage and Pasta Bake
Yield, Cost and Time
This recipe will yield 4 hardy servings.
This fabulous tasting dish will come in under $15.00, that includes the Garlic Bread, but not the wine.
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
What y’all will need.
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage Links. (Your choice of brand and flavor. Italian Sausage varieties are; Mild, Hot and Sweet)
- 8 oz of Rotini. (Your choice of brand.)
- 1 Jar (25 oz) Pasta Sauce (I use Prego Italian Sausage & Garlic Pasta Sauce however the choice of brand and flavor is up to you.)
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan Finely Shredded Natural Cheese (Your choice of brand.)
Prep – 25 minutes
- Lightly spray a 9”x13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cook in a large skillet, the sausages until browned and cooked through.(Note: I cook the sausages in link form and cut later but can be sliced across before cooking. I do this as the slices have a tendency to cook at different speeds according how thick or thin they are cut. This makes sure the sausage is done and has reached the internal temperature of 160° F. I don’t like firing up the outdoor grill for this few sausages, plus its cold outside, so I use my flat indoor grill. There or other ways to make sure your sausage are cooked throughout and are not burnt to a crisp. You can use the steam method or for the best results use the Johnsonville Sizzling Sausage Grill. This grill will be my next kitchen purchase.)
- Once Sausage’s are cooked Slice with a pair of kitchen shears, across not long ways. Return sliced Sausage to skillet.
- Add the pasta sauce, cooked pasta and ¼ cup of Parmesan Finely Shredded Natural Cheese to the skillet containing the sausage. Stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared 9”x13” baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining
¼ cup of Parmesan Finely Shredded Natural Cheese.
Time to get Cookin’ – 15 minutes
- Place 9”x13” baking dish in preheated oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
The Italian Sausage and Pasta Bake is a complete and filling meal. To accentuate the dish serve with.
- Bread: French or Garlic Bread/Sticks.
- Beverages: Sicilian Lemon Italian Soda or a nice glass of Sangiovese. A hefty red wine that goes wonderfully with spicy Italian dishes. The Queen prefers a Pinot Noir. Which is a light red wine that’s versatile and goes well with tomato-based red sauces.
I hope you enjoy the Italian Sausage and Pasta Bake. As with all dishes refrigerate leftovers. Till next time keep the kitchen clean, stomach full and the cupboards stocked.
[Publishers note: The opinions and/or endorsements in this blog are the blogger’s and only published by ThunderHorse Publishing. The opinions and/or endorsements do not necessarily represent the views of ThunderHorse Publishing.
None of the material, written and/or photographs on this blog is authorized for use in promoting and/or any type of media use pertaining to Author Joseph Clay. Authorized book related and other information pertaining to the authors novels and other writing topics can be found by visiting one of the following sites:
Official Authors Blog
Electronic Press Kit (EPK) ]
-ThunderHorse Publishing Nashville, Tennessee ©2018